I love writing these High Five for Friday posts, and love reading other bloggers’ lists of five things from their weeks as well. What a great idea from blogging sisters Lauren and Kate. Here’s five good things that happened this week:
1. The tomatoes in the garden are finally ready to pick! I love tomato season, they are some of my favorite vegetables. They are delicious by themselves, or incorporated into other dishes.
2. Speaking of the garden, here is a delicious meal that my mom made using yellow squash, zucchini, tomatoes, and lots of herbs from the garden. We mixed it with chicken and served it over noodles. It’s so amazing to eat fresh and delicious food that you grow yourself!
3. I got completely inspired yesterday from Kathleen’s post of favorite things from Pinterest! I’ve seen this idea before, but I think painted jars like these would be a great addition to my desk! I have some old Mason jars I got from a garage sale, so I think I’ll get some yellow paint and do a couple over the weekend.
4. Project Runway started this week. I love this show, not so much because of the drama among the contestants, but because I love to see them design and sew their creations! I love to sew, although I can’t just create outfits out of thin air the way they seem to do sometimes.
5. You can now follow me on Bloglovin! Follow my blog with Bloglovin It’s a great site for keeping up with blogs and other websites I follow. It’s super easy to use and set up! I especially like getting the daily emails with new posts to read.
What fabulous things have happened to you this week? If you want to do a High Five for Friday post, link up at Lauren’s blog. Have a great weekend!