My blog friend Kristen, at A Few of My Favorite Things nominated me for the Liebster award. I’m so grateful and excited to participate! You should definitely visit Kristen’s blog, she is so sweet and I always enjoy reading her posts!
The award is given to upcoming bloggers with less than 200 followers. “Liebster” is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome!
This is how the Liebster Award works:
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you and create 11 questions for bloggers you’ve tagged.
3. Choose up to 11 bloggers and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs.
- I’m beginning my senior year majoring in Electrical Engineering with a Math minor- I’m definitely a bit of a nerd. I love engineering, and feel very blessed to be in a field I’m so excited about!
- I have very curly hair, and have worn it short and curly for most of my life. I’m growing it out, and straightening it for a while, just to have a change of pace!
- I have over 50 pairs of shoes. Yes, I have a problem 😉
- I can’t stand bunnies. I had a bad experience babysitting one in highschool, which probably ruined me on bunnies.
- My morning is not complete without a glass of orange juice.
- I love to read, and often have multiple books in progress at the same time!
- I play the clarinet, and was very serious about it in high school and the first part of college, I spent hours practicing and participating in competitions and performances. I still play, I just don’t have as much time to invest in it now.
- I’m fairly shy when I first meet people. I’d much rather talk to you one on one than participate in a big group conversation. But, I really enjoy the opportunity to invest in people, and am working on putting myself out there and meeting new people!
- I love homemade biscuits. A lot.
- I’ve been watching old movies with my dad since I was young, and I still love them! I’ll take an old black and white musical over a new release any day.
- Frogs are really scary to me. Even if it’s a tiny little tree frog, I scream when I see one; I just can’t help it!
Now, to answer the 11 questions Kristen listed!
- What is your favorite holiday and why?- I love Christmas! My family has a lot of traditions, from decorating the house from top to bottom to special Christmas Eve festivities.
- Who inspires you?-My mom inspires me so much. She’s accomplished a lot, and has been the best mom and friend I could ever imagine!
- What is your favorite childhood memory?-I loved playing for hours in the backyard with my siblings. We would make up all kinds of stories and stay outside all day!
- Who is your favorite author?-I have so many authors I like, but right now I’m really enjoying reading Robin Cook’s books. They’re exciting, and very well written.
- Who is your style icon?-Emma Stone is always classy, but still modern and fresh. I wish I could have bangs like hers!
- What is your favorite book and why?-Gone with the Wind. I just love the sweeping story! Since I was little, I looked forward to the day when I was old enough to read it.
- What song makes you turn up the radio and sing at the top of your lungs?-These days, I’m really liking “Free” by Dara Maclean. It is a great song, especially in light of some difficult things I’ve gone through recently.
- What is your secret indulgence?-Chick-fil-A chocolate milkshakes! Sometimes I grab one after lunch and sip it during class. Yum!
- What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?-I’ve always loved mint chocolate chip!
- What is your dream car? A BMW Z6. I’ll probably never own one, but I love that’s it’s both sporty and small.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?-Ooh, this is a hard one. There’s so many places I would like to visit, but I would really like to live in Nashville! I’ve visited the city several times, and I think it would be a great city to live in.
And now, here are the blogs I’m nominating for the award!
Maria @ Dainty and Decadent
Jessica and Megan @ Jeans and a Teacup
Kathleen @ Places I Will Go
Here are the questions for you to answer. Some of them I borrowed from Kristen, since she had such good ones!
- Who is your style icon?
- What is your favorite item in your closet?
- What would be your dream vacation?
- What is your favorite song, and why?
- What is one thing you enjoy doing in your free time?
- What is your favorite movie, and why?
- What was your best bargain, thrift, or vintage find?
- What is your favorite season, and why?
- Who inspires you?
- If you could choose any time in history to visit, what would you choose?
- What is a subject you’d like to learn more about, or a new skill you’d like to learn?
I look forward to reading your posts ladies! Have a fabulous Friday!